[R] time grid for "survfit" Survival function outputs

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Oct 13 21:17:48 CEST 2009

On Oct 13, 2009, at 12:03 PM, Muhtar Osman wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Maybe it is a silly question. But I wasn't able to find it from manual
> or R site search.

After library(survival) , the description of survfit objects will be
found with:

?survfit.object

> I was wondering what is the corresponding time axis for survival
> function outputs in "survfit". I think it is "survfit(.......)$time",
> but not 100% sure.

What makes you doubt this?

> If it is, is it possible we could make survival function outputs on
> the pre-specified time grid with fixed increment and fixed length.

With the appropriate supply of a dataset, it should be possible ....
for various meanings of "pre-specified" and "fixed increment" and
"fixed length", all of which at the moment are ambiguous at the
moment. That is why the Posting Guide strongly suggests both an R
encoded example and a clear specification of the desired output.

--

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories