[R] post-hoc test with kruskal.test()

Meyners, Michael, LAUSANNE, AppliedMathematics Michael.Meyners at rdls.nestle.com
Wed Oct 14 10:29:50 CEST 2009

Robert,

you can do the corresponding paired comparisons using wilcox.test. As far as I know, there is no such general correction as Tukey's HSD for the Kruskal-Wallis-Test. However, if you have indeed only 3 groups (resulting in 3 paired comparisons), the intersection-union principle and the theory of closed test procedures should allow you to do these test without further correction, given the global test was statistically significant.

HTH, Michael