[R] post-hoc test with kruskal.test()

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Oct 14 14:29:30 CEST 2009

There is a post hoc test along the lines of the Kruskal-Wallis test.
It is implemented on the help page of oneway_test from package coin.
The authors of the package, Hothorn, Hornik, van de Wiel, and
Zeileis,  cite  Hollander and Wolfe (1999) for details and say it is
called the NemenyiDDamico-Wolfe-Dunn test.

Or see nparcomp function in package nparcomp.

There is also a post hoc test for the situation where a Friedman test
has been done, and that is seen on the help page for SymmetryTests in
package coin:  the Wilcoxon-Nemenyi-McDonald-Thompson test:

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/coin/html/SymmetryTests.html

There is also an option of using the MTP function in the multtest
package.

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/multtest/html/MTP.html

--
David Winsemius