[R] RPostgreSQL: unable to load shared library

Fanfaar fanfaar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 16:33:34 CEST 2009

Hello list,

I'm using R 2.9.2 on a WinXP system, and I installed the RPostgreSQL
library using the package installer. When trying to load it, I get the
following error:

> library('RPostgreSQL')
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
  unable to load shared library
'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R/library/RPostgreSQL/libs/RPostgreSQL.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The operating system cannot run %1.

Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RPostgreSQL'

So one way or the other, the DLL is not found... Does anyone know how
to fix this? I don't suppose DLL should be directly in my PATH, right?

Thanks for any hints,
Arnout