[R] installing R on Ubuntu, can ignore warning messages?

robstdev robstdev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 04:11:02 CEST 2009

Installing R on Ubuntu 8.10,
( using sudo apt-get install r-base , and using one of the cran sites
(cran.cnr.berkeley.edu))

the installation process says something about not having some gpg
public key and
"are you sure you want to download non-authenticated stuff [y/n]"  (to
which I answered yes).
I'm assuming this warning can be ignored?

Also: even though the Ubuntu install and online update did a GCC
install the other day, the R installation did an update of some GCC
files, which I thought was odd. Probably I can ignore that too.

Once you've installed R, does that automatically include some data
examples ( such as that MASS library ? )?
Or does that require further downloads?

Also, thanks for the previous tips