[R] Help with R and webserver

cvsrc ravi.chandra at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 04:18:33 CEST 2009

My goal is to provide data analysis statistics and graphs by taking input
from a user from their browser.  The data is on a SQL server, we are using
an IIS 7.0 web server with ColdFusion on Windows.  I want to do the
statistics and graphs part using R.  Can anyone suggest the best way to get
coldFusion pass the data to R scripts and redirect the R-output (variable
values and graphs) onto the webpages?  I understand that R2HTML package can
be used to format R output to HTML.  But how do we pass data from the
browser to R?  I would appreciate if you would explain it in detail.
PS: I tried to use CGIwithR package, but the R.cgi didn't run under IIS (I
think it is because it was a shell script for Unix, and would run under
Apache with Unix).  Any other ideas?