[R] changing a matrix from class data.frame to class dist

Maxime Pauwels Maxime.Pauwels at univ-lille1.fr
Thu Oct 15 17:34:37 CEST 2009

Dear,

I have a data frame object (FSTc) which is in fact a matrix of class
data.frame but created from a txt file using the command
FSTc<-read.table("FSTcmatrix.txt", header=T)

I would like to transform it in a distance matrix of class dist to use
it with the ade4 package.

I'm quite sure this is a simple operation but i just don't have the
commands.

Could anyone help?

Thank you

Maxime

--
Maxime Pauwels
Researcher ID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/A-1745-2009

Laboratoire de Génétique et Evolution des Populations Végétales
UMR CNRS 8016
Université de Lille, USTL-Lille1
http://gepv.univ-lille1.fr
Tel  : +33 3 20 43 40 76
Fax  : +33 3 20 43 69 79

«Impose ta chance, serre ton bonheur et va vers ton risque. A te regarder, ils s’habitueront.»
René Char