[R] Help - Correlation between data.

Lucky Strike antoniogonelli at libero.it
Fri Oct 16 11:46:23 CEST 2009

hi everybody, I'm a student, and this is the first time I write on this
forum!
I'm looking for statistical help hoping somebody can answer me!

This is my problem:
I have 2 temporal series. The firstone is a series of mesured data (height
of monitorated points), the second is a series of temperature (in Celsius
degree).

Using Matlab I have built  the two graphs (Measured Data - Time &
Temperature - Time).

Looking those graphs I can surely say that there is a clear correlation
beetween theme, and also that the measured data are surely influenced by the
variations of temperature.

Unfortunately my statistical knowledges are not that large so using R seems
quite difficult to me.

My question is: is there a code already written the can compare the 2
temporal series and can find the correlation between the data???
And also: is there a code that can correct the Measured Data from the
influence of temperature and return a clean data???

if you want I can send you the .txt file with data.

Thanks
Antonio Gonelli - University of Ferrara - Italy