[R] : Question about correlation between data.

antoniogonelli at libero.it antoniogonelli at libero.it
Fri Oct 16 15:24:05 CEST 2009

hi everybody, I'm a student, and I'm new using R!
I'm looking for statistical
help hoping somebody can answer me!

This is my problem:
I have 2 temporal
series. The firstone is a series of mesured data (height of monitorated
points), the second is a series of temperature (in Celsius degree).

Using
Matlab I have built  the two graphs (Measured Data - Time & Temperature -
Time).

Looking those graphs I can surely say that there is a clear
correlation beetween theme, and also that the measured data are surely
influenced by the variations of temperature.

Unfortunately my statistical
knowledges are not that large so using R seems quite difficult to me.

My
question is: is there a code already written the can compare the 2 temporal
series and can find the correlation between the data???
And also: is there a
code that can correct the Measured Data from the influence of temperature and
return a clean data???

if you want I can send you the .txt file with data.

Thanks
Antonio Gonelli - University of Ferrara - Italy