[R] Matrixes as data

Fri Oct 16 17:42:40 CEST 2009

Bonjour,

On Oct 16, 2009, at 11:36 AM, Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:

> Hola!
>
> I am working on a problem where data points are (square) matrices. Is
> there a way to make a
> "vector" of matrices, such that it can be stored in a data.frame? Can
> that be done with S3?
> or do I have to learn S4 objects & methods?

Not know anything about your problem, I'd suggest to try to think
about your problem in terms of storing these matrices in a list. For
example, assume you have matrices m1 to m10

my.stuff <- list(m1, m2, ..., m10)

If you can elaborate more on your specific case (or perhaps a simpler
one that can demonstrate your use case), perhaps we can help you think
it through a bit.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou