[R] Cannot calculate mean() for double vector

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Fri Oct 16 20:15:06 CEST 2009

By the way, you can save some typing and maybe
increase your understanding of R's semantics by replacing
that line with
    x_ema[is.na(x_ema)] <- 0

When subscripting by a logical variable, read the '[' as 'such that':
    "Values in x_ema such that x_ema is NA are changed to zero".
which() is never needed when subscripting.

replace() is also a waste of typing and memory if you use the same
variable on the left side of the assignment and as the first argument
to replace().

I'll leave it to others to comment on the statistical issues.

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com