[R] How can I run a function to a piece of text?

Javier PB j.perez-barberia at macaulay.ac.uk
Fri Oct 16 20:39:25 CEST 2009

Dear users,

I got really stuck trying to apply a function to a piece of code that I
created using different string functions.

To make things really easy, this is a wee example:

x<-c(1:10)
script<-"x, trim = 0, na.rm = FALSE"        ##script created by a number of
paste() and rep() steps
mean(script)                                       ##function that I want to
apply: doesn't work

Is there any way to convert the "script" class so that the function mean()
can read it as if it were text typed in the console?

Thanks and have a superb day

Javier