[R] Proper syntax for using varConstPower in nlme

Michael A. Gilchrist mikeg at utk.edu
Fri Oct 16 23:56:13 CEST 2009

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for the reply.  I had played with the initial conditions, but
apparently not enough.  I finally found some that avoided the singularity
issue.  Many thanks.

More generally, I went over the documentation yet again in P&B and I still
find it a bit confusing.  They talk about using form = ~fitted(.) when
discussing varPower, but the rest of the documentation seems to suggest that
"form = ~..." should be used to indicate which covariate you assume the
variance changes with.

Could you or someone else provide some clarification?

Thanks.

Mike