[R] Urgent help requested to modify a script

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Sat Oct 17 08:33:56 CEST 2009

On 10/16/2009 11:01 PM, one2luv wrote:
> I am hoping someone will tak up this chalenge (I am new to R)
>
> I have inheritied an R script but need to change it. The script currently
> includes hardcoded file locations on lines 12,166 and 167. I need to modify
> this script to allow the folder to be passed as a command line argument to
> Rscript.exe

Hi Ian,
You can do something like this:

pdfoutputfile<-"/home/jim/R/Rplots.pdf"
pdf(pdfoutputfile,...)

and similarly for the other instances. Unfortunately, you can't just
define a path and pass it as an argument, for functions like "pdf" and
"read.csv" won't stick the path and filename together unless you write a
wrapper for each function that creates the complete path/filename and
then passes it to the original function.

Jim