[R] External signal in ODE written in C (using deSolve and approx1?)

Thomas Petzoldt thpe at simecol.de
Sat Oct 17 16:33:39 CEST 2009

Dear Glenn, dear list,

this is just a short notice, that a new version 1.5 of package deSolve
was released yesterday. It now supports the feature requested below.
Details are documented in the package vignette "Writing Code in Compiled
Languages" that comes with the package and is also available online:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/deSolve/vignettes/compiledCode.pdf

See section 6. Using forcing functions.

Thomas Petzoldt (co-author of deSolve)

Glenn Woodart wrote:
> Dear list
>
> The deSolve package allows you to specify the model code in C or Fortran.
> Thanks to the excellent vignette this works fine. However I have not yet
> managed to use forcing functions in C code.
>
> In pure R code this works very well with approxfun() specified outside the
> model:

[...]