[R] looking for reference that covers convergence in distribution

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Sat Oct 17 21:42:11 CEST 2009

Peng Yu wrote:

> I am looking for a good probability book that describes convergence in
> distribution. I have looked through Introduction to Probability by
> Charles M. Grinstead, J. Laurie Snell, but I don't find any formal
> description on convergence in distribution. Could somebody recommend a
> good book that cover this topic? Thank you!

This mailing list is for R help, not general statistics help.
May I respectfully request that you
take your questions to a statistics help list instead?

>From the posting guide:
Questions about statistics: The R mailing lists are primarily intended for
questions and discussion about the R software. However, questions about
statistical methodology are sometimes posted. If the question is well-asked
and of interest to someone on the list, it may elicit an informative
up-to-date answer. See also the Usenet groups sci.stat.consult (applied
statistics and consulting) and sci.stat.math (mathematical stat and
probability).