[R] HOW to determine the number of components of the mixture model stratfied by age

lybaomc lybaomc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 09:50:06 CEST 2009

Hi,all

    with my data,there are more than 1000 quantitative results of antibody
concentrations, there may be 2 components(positive and negative), or 3
components (may be strong positive, positive, and negative), or 4-6
components. Could you tell me how to determine the number of components of
the mixture model? the  "anova.mix" in mixdist of the R software seems not
work.

    my data is a little complicated(TABLE ), there are more than 1000
quantitative results of antibody concentrations stratified by age.The
overall density of results at age j, Fj, is a mixture of the component
densities, so if there are 5 age groups, then there will be 5 mixture
models. Do i have to analyse each stratum respectively?

TABLE
------------------------
age  Bin   length   freq
------------------------