[R] Problem using the source-function within R-functions

Ista Zahn istazahn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:19:59 CEST 2009

Hi Johan,
Although it's not clear to my why you're putting this in a function in
the first place...

The way you've written your function it will only work if your working
directory is the same as the directory where file1.r and file2.r are
stored, and I suspect this is the problem. You can 1) set the working
directory in your function or 2) specify the full path to file1.r and
file2.r in your function. Option 1 will look like

myfunction <- function(...){
setwd("/path/where/files/are/saved")
source('file1.r')
source('file2.r')

and option 2 will look like

> myfunction <- function(...){
> source('/path/where/files/are/saved/file1.r')
> source('/path/where/files/are/saved/file2.r')

source() also has a chdir option that you could investigate. See

?source

-Ista