[R] Fixed: Re: Re: [stats-rosuda-devel] how to install JGR manually?

cgw at witthoft.com cgw at witthoft.com
Tue Oct 20 19:41:15 CEST 2009

To follow up:
I believe I had a version mismatch between one of the packages and R.  I made sure to install the latest of all, at which
point jgr.exe launched just fine.  Thanks to Simon and Liviu for their comments.
Just one note: the Windows launcher does not provide any info if it can't reach the 'net (as opposed to listing missing packages as suggested previously).

Carl

Oct 16, 2009 10:31:48 AM, simon.urbanek at r-project.org wrote:

On Oct 16, 2009, at 9:14 , Liviu Andronic wrote:

> (cc'ing JGR specific list)

Yes, thanks, stats-rosuda-devel is where this post should go.

Carl,

> On 10/15/09, Carl Witthoft  wrote:
>> Here's the problem: on Windows, the 'jgr.exe' tool starts up by
>> checking
>> for a connecting to the 'net in order to grab the support packages.
>> Well,
>> we have machines at work that are not and never will be connected
>> to the
>> Internet.   I tried manually installing all the packages (JGR,
>> Rjava,  etc)
>> but the jgr.exe still tries to find a connection.

What this means that you have either installed them in the wrong
library or you have not installed them all. The launcher actually
tells you exactly which packages are missing so it should be easy to
install them manually. If in doubt, remove your preferences file
".JGRprefsrc" (in your home).

If you're still stuck, please tell us exactly your setup (where you
installed R, the packages etc.). Also try to run JGR with --debug and
it will create a file C:\JGRdebug.txt with additional information that
may be helpful.

Cheers,
Simon