[R] Functional data analysis - problems with smoothing

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri Oct 23 10:11:49 CEST 2009

Hi, Ben:

      Which chapter in which of Ramsay's books?

      For his most recent book ("Functional Data Analysis with R and
Matlab", with Giles Hooker and your's truly), there is one script file
for each chapter with names like "fdarm-ch01.R", ... "fdarm-ch11.R".
These script files "reproduce nearly all the examples in the book
including all but one of the 76 figures" (according to what I wrote for
back cover).  The preface tells you how to find those script files:

system.file('scripts', package='fda')
[1] "c:/Users/sgraves/R/R-2.9.1/library/fda/scripts"

      Obviously, the answer is the path on my installation;  the answer
you get should tell you where to look on the computer (and start-up
sequence) you are using.

      This same scripts directory contains similar partial scripts for
"Functional Data Analysis" and "Applied Functional Data Analysis".  If
you'd care to send me updates to any of those partial scripts, I can see
that they are included in the package to make those examples easier for
others in the future.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer Graves