[R] reset par() within plot layout

Janke ten Holt j.c.ten.holt at rug.nl
Fri Oct 23 14:50:51 CEST 2009

OK, maybe I oversimplified the example, because you are of course correct...

I am working on a function, which I feed data to plot in layouts of
specified dimensions. I want to be able to set any par() variables for
each plot in the layout. Because the next plot does not know which par()
variables were changed in the previous plot, I want to reset all par()
variables after each plot, rather than simply change back one specific
par() variable.
So I really need to reset par() without 'messing with' my layout.