[R] Documenting related data sets

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Fri Oct 23 16:52:13 CEST 2009

Say I want to include the data from Minard's march on Moscow graphic in
a package.  They consist of
three data frames, Minard.troops, Minard.cities, Minard.temp.

I've determined that I can document them all in one .Rd file, Minard.Rd,
that starts:

\name{Minard}
\Rdversion{1.1}
\alias{Minard}
\alias{Minard.cities}
\alias{Minard.troops}
\alias{Minard.temp}
\docType{data}
\title{
Data from Minard's famous graphic map of Napoleon's march on Moscow
}
\usage{
data(Minard.troops)
data(Minard.cities)
data(Minard.temp)
}

But, AFAICS, it seems I have to save each of these in a separate .RData
/ .rda file for them
to be found by R CMD check.  Is this correct, or is there some way to
include them all
in a Minard.RData, via

save(Minard.troops, Minard.cities, Minard.temp, file="Minard.RData")

-Michael

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.