[R] warnings details

Erich Neuwirth erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at
Sat Oct 24 11:37:20 CEST 2009

I am running R as an invisible subprocess in another program (RExcel).
Using try I can catch errors and print the errors produced by an R
statement.
Is there a way to know if running a statement caused a warning message?
last.warning gives me the last warning, but I do not have any indication
what the statement was that caused the message.
I can of course store last warning before I run
a statement and then compare last.warning with this stored message
to see if it has changed, but that is
a) clumsy
b) still does not cover situations when I get the same warning
as the last one by coincidence.

--
Erich Neuwirth, University of Vienna
Faculty of Computer Science