[R] tk_choose.files without multiple selection?

Eger, Marcus Marcus.Eger at draeger.com
Tue Oct 27 09:04:29 CET 2009

Dear all,

I compared tk_choose.files on linux with choose.files or tk_choose.files on windows and found that tk_choose.files does not allow multiple selection on linux - independent on keyword setting "multi".

> tk_choose.files(default=paste(path.original,"",sep=""),caption="Select file(s)")

On linux I get the error message:
    File <list of selected filenames> does not exist.
I have to click "cancel" to get out of the dialog.
Any ideas?

Regards
	Marcus

Windows XP:
-----------
platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          9.2
year           2009
month          08
day            24
svn rev        49384
language       R
version.string R version 2.9.2 (2009-08-24)

Linux Ubuntu 8.04.3:
--------------------
platform       i486-pc-linux-gnu
arch           i486
os             linux-gnu
system         i486, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          9.2
year           2009
month          08
day            24
svn rev        49384
language       R
version.string R version 2.9.2 (2009-08-24)
---
This communication contains confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please return this email to the sender and delete it from your records.

Diese Nachricht enthält vertrauliche Informationen. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfänger dieser E-mail sein, senden Sie bitte diese an den Absender zurück und löschen Sie die E-mail aus Ihrem System.