[R] Help - Probability scale on an ECDF plot

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Wed Oct 28 05:24:24 CET 2009

You need to tell the mailing list what you have tried. That way you
will get better help.

Here is one solution.

>  foo <- rnorm(1000)
>  probs <- seq(0,1,.1)
>  foo <- rnorm(1000)
>  bah <- quantile(foo,probs)
>  plot(bah,probs)

But it turns out that
    ?ecdf
tells you there is an ecdf function. And then
    plot(ecdf(foo))
gives an ECDF plot with a probability scale on the y axis.
(So it's hard to imagine what you were doing that didn't give you a
probability axis)

-Don