[R] how can i call R program from one java program?

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Wed Oct 28 12:59:01 CET 2009

On 10/28/2009 12:47 PM, wesley mathew wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I want to call the R program from one Java program because In my project R
> program parameters are set by one web page developed by java.
> Is this possible to call R program from java?
> many thanks in advance

Hi,

This has many different answers. You can :
- use ProcessBuilder to build an R process child from the java process
(or System.exec)

- use jri to embed R within the same java process. For this you need to
install rJava and follow the examples in the jri directory. See
http://www.rforge.net/JRI/ http://www.rforge.net/rJava/

- run RServe and connect to it via the java client :
http://www.rforge.net/Rserve/

rJava and Rserve share the same mailing list :
where I would suggest you to repost (after you have browsed these options)

Romain

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast