[R] Data Partition Package

Max Kuhn mxkuhn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 16:29:38 CET 2009

There are a few. I'm partial to the function in the caret package:
createDataPartition. Also, there are functions there for
pre-processing on training sets and applying it to new data sets.

For a somewhat dated summary of the packages, see:

   http://www.jstatsoft.org/v28/i05

also:

   http://caret.r-forge.r-project.org/Classification_and_Regression_Training.html

Max

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Xu <xjpat2046 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Users,
>
>  I am a new user. I am trying to partition data into training and test. Is
> there any R package or function that can partition dataset? Also, is there
> any package do crossvalidation? Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Best,
>
> Pat

Max