[R] "The system cannot find the file specified"

Jim Burke j.burke at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 29 17:45:56 CET 2009

I think your are using R 2.10.0.

I get similar messages when I have too many resources in use. Like FireFox
eating memory and CPU.

When you get this message go look in your R installation "library"
subdirectory.
You will see a weird number as a folder name. Under that folder is the
package you
were trying to install. Simply copy that package name folder to the
correct folder
location for the other packages in "library. Then clean up by removing
that weird
folder name.

Hope this helps,
Jim