[R] Announcement: the 2nd Chinese R Conference

Yihui Xie xieyihui at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 21:26:27 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the so late announcement: we are organizing the 2nd Chinese
R Conference now following the one held last year in Beijing (see
"Conference Review: The 1st Chinese R Conference". The R Journal.
Vol1/1. P69.) The conference will be focused on:

  * introducing and popularizing R as a powerful tool for statistical
computation and graphics in China;
  * gathering Chinese R users and promoting communication between
different disciplines and industries;

For Chinese useRs and English speakeRs who will be in Beijing in
November or December, please feel free to participate and we will be
grateful if talks can be contributed at the conference. The conference
will be mainly in Chinese but English talks are also welcome.

There will be two successive sessions at two difference locations:
Beijing (Renmin University of China) and Shanghai (East China Normal
University). There is no registration fee for the Beijing session
(thanks to the support from the School of Statistics, Renmin
University), and we will try our best to cover the conference fee for
the Shanghai session. So the conference is basically free (as in
beer).

The dates for the sessions are still to be determined (sorry again for
the hasty organization), but the probability of holding this
conference in December is greater than .95.

Please visit the following page (in Chinese) for further information:

http://cos.name/useR/useR-2009/

Beijing useRs please contact useR-2009-BJ at cos.name for registration,
and Shanghai useRs: useR-2009-SH at cos.name

Thanks!

P.S. we hope the next conference will be better prepared; please
contact useR-2010 at cos.name if you have any suggestions on the 3rd
Chinese R Conference.

Regards,
Yihui