[R] Fast optimizer

Bill.Venables at csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Fri Oct 30 02:09:32 CET 2009

Dear R_Help Help,

The critical questions are
a) how many parameters do you have
b) how pathological is the log-likelihood function
c) how good are your initial values and
d) how efficiently have you coded your objective function?

Of these, the last is most likely the critical one, and the one you should be looking at first.

(and consider suing your parents for giving you such a name.)

Bill Venables.