[R] Ellipse: Major Axis Minor Axis

Vishal vishalps at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:26:56 CEST 2009

I forgot to mention that the ellipse has a rotation. It's horizontal
axis is not parallel to the x-axis.

Just repeating, when I try to draw a circuit keeping the center same
as the ellipse, and radius equal to the first value returned by
> sqrt(eigen(cov.trob(mydataforellipse)$cov)$values)
taking it to be the semi-major axis, I don't see the circle
encapsulating
the ellipse.

Am I fundamentally missing something?

Thank you!!