[R] Rdonlp2 package question

Richard Valliant rvalliant at survey.umd.edu
Thu Sep 3 17:01:08 CEST 2009

Previous versions have this question have partially bounced.
I apologize if parts of this are showing up multiple times on the
list.
Another try ...

There was at one time an R package called Rdonlp2 for solving
constrained nonlinear programming problems. Both the objective
function
and the constraints could be nonlinear in the decision variables.

The package is no longer in the CRAN list. Does anyone know what
happened to it? At one point a zip file of the package was available
at
arumat.net/Rdonlp2/, but now that is missing also. I sent an
email to the author but received no response.

Are there any alternatives for constrained nonlinear programming
problems among the active packages? I need something that will solve
the
same kinds of problems that, say, Excel Solver will do using the grg2
algorithm (or something similar).

Thanks
Richard Valliant