[R] Ability Estimates for Repeated Measurements in the eRm Package

Tessari tessari at umich.edu
Thu Sep 3 23:41:39 CEST 2009

Hello,

Thank you very much for the tip.  I think that the irt.ability() function is
what I'm looking for but I'm not sure.

To be more clear, I have obtained item parameters from the LLTM function in
the eRm package which allows for repeated measurements.  I have 10 items
measured at 2 time points, for a total of 20 item parameters.  I wish to get
the ability estimate for a person at time 1 and then separately at time 2.
Here is the code I'm using but it doesn't seem to work.

ItemParams<-c(-0.199,-0.283,0.109 ,0.142 ,0.056
,-0.062,-0.125,0.066,0.153,0.142,
	0.102,0.019,0.411,0.443,0.357,0.239,0.176,0.368,0.454,0.443)

Time1Params<-list("1pl" = list (b = ItemParams[1:10]))

Time2Params<-list("1pl" = list (b = ItemParams[10:20]))

irt.ability(c(1,0,1,1,1,1,0,1,1,1),Time1Params,method="MLE")

irt.ability(c(1,1,1,1,0,0,1,1,1,1),Time2Params,method="MLE")

Also, I've tried to locate the MP Vignette but have been unsuccessful.

Thanks again for your timely response.  It's greatly appreciated!

Best,

Kim