[R] Party plots

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Sep 4 14:56:54 CEST 2009

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 04.09.2009 13:53:24:

> Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) wrote:
> >

> > You need to put the filename in quotes
> >
> > file = "C:/Documents and Settings/aelmore/Desktop/foo.pdf"
> >
> > Hope this is helpful,
> >
> > Dan
>

> Oh yes, this was very helpful (and don't I feel just too silly...).  I
am,
> however, still stuck.  This is like pulling teeth, how ridiculous that I
> can't get this simple code to work.
>
> Here is what I have:
>
>       > #opening the pdf with a larger document size
>       > pdf(file = "C:/SFL_2005_PCA27R_7_tree_full.pdf", height = 15,
width
> = 20)
>
> That seems to work okay (no errors, at any rate - I get the next prompt
> line).  Then I try:

You opened a device for plotting. See ?Devices

>       > #plotting the pdf
>       > plot(SFL_2005_PCA27R_7_tree_full)

No, no. Here you need to do your plotting routine.

Something like

plot(1:10, rnorm(10))

> and this nets me:
>       Error: object "SFL_2005_PCA27R_7_tree_full" not found
>       Error in plot(SFL_2005_PCA27R_7_tree_full) :
>          error in evaluating the argument 'x' in selecting a method for
> function 'plot'
>
> but turning off the PDF driver works okay:
>
>      > #turning off the device
>      > dev.off()
>      null device
>                1

You turned off pdf divice.

Now you can open it by e.g. Acrobat Reader or any suitable programme. Do
not forget to quit from Acrobat when trying to use the file again, if it
is opened it can not accept data from R.

Regards
Petr