[R] Creating mixed line and point graphs with xyplot

Paul Sweeting mail at paulsweeting.co.uk
Fri Sep 4 17:28:42 CEST 2009

Hi

Well, I think the title says it all!  I've looked through the documentation but I can't find a way of doing this.  The situation is that I have 4 series, say a, b, c and d.  Series a and c are plotted on the lh y axis, series b and d are plotted on the rh (secondary) y axis.  I've worked out how to do this.

However, I need to plot series a and b a points (symbols only, no line), whislt c and d need plotting as lines (with no symbols).  What is the easiest way to do this in xyplot?  Or should I be using something else?

Thanks!

Paul