[R] Large p, small n. Impossible to calculate the p-value

rromero3000 rromero3000 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 16:21:55 CEST 2009

Hello,
I have I problem and I hope someone can help me.
I have a data set with 66 variables and 30 values for each variable. I need
to calculate the Pearson correlation and the p-values among variables. I
have the “large p, small n” problem so I used a shrinkage process to obtain
the r values.  My problem is that I can’t calculate the p-values because the
degree of freedom of the t-student distribution is: df=30-66-1, It is
negative and the t-student distribution is not defined for negative degrees
of freedom. Is there some way to calculate the p-value in the “large p,
small n” problem?

Thank you all in advance.