[R] Tinn-R setup

rkevinburton at charter.net rkevinburton at charter.net
Mon Sep 7 17:50:56 CEST 2009

I recently installed R 2.9.2 on a new Windows platform. Everything seemed to installed OK. I then downloaded the latest Tinn-R (2.3.2.3 I think) and as I have always done I selected R -> Configure -> Permanent. I was greeted with a dialog box asking me for a mirror site. I don't remember this prompt before but I decided to play along and I select a mrror site. Then the process takes off installing what appears to be every package that has ever been conceived for R (translate - alot of packages). Is this normal? I repeated this about three times because at the end it gave me an error indicating sus-and-such library was not found. Each time it was a different library that couldn't be found. Finally on the third try it seemed to complete without error. Again I have never had to go through so many steps to get Tinn-R installed and configured. Did I do something wrong? Is there a bug in this package or a problem with the integration between R 2.9.2 and Tin-R 2.3.2.3?

Thank you.

Kevin