[R] R-crash when loading workspace - Windows

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Sep 7 22:08:36 CEST 2009

On 07/09/2009 10:34 AM, sebed1110-divers at yahoo.fr wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> One day when I tried to load an existing workspace (when opening R or by load()), R crashed without any error notification.
> The day before I had worked  and saved my workspace without any trouble.
> At first I though it was a memory problem (workspace reaching 180Mo) or related to a particular script or command, so I start a new workspace. Everything was ok, that script and others working. Then I saved the workspace (55Mo) and tried to open it, without any result : R crashes without any notification again.
> This occurs only with Windows.
>
> Does someone know how to solve that problem?

You need to come up with a simple scheme to reproduce it, and then
someone else will debug it, or you need to debug it yourself.

If you're willing to let me download the saved workspace, I could give
it a try.  (I can't accept an email that big, you'll need to put it up
for http or ftp download.)

Duncan Murdoch