[R] image registration/alignment algorithm

Bob Meglen bmeglen at comcast.net
Tue Sep 8 23:13:53 CEST 2009

Dec (6/5) 2006 Newsletter mentioned that EBImage might include image
registration/alignment as "of foreseeable interest".
My present Newsletter and Help Digest search finds no mention of this. Does
anyone know of someone who might have implemented an image alignment or
image registration algorithm in R?

I have a need to align (or determine x-y translation) of multiple images
that are slightly translated from frame-to-frame.
I have looked at Registax5 used in astrophotography, but just want to align
my images without adding them together for improved resolution. I need to
take n 1st generation jpeg images and create n aligned jpeg images.

Bob Meglen
Boulder, CO