[R] SPSS Statistics-R Integration Plug-In

Michael Bibo michael_bibo at health.qld.gov.au
Wed Sep 9 02:34:04 CEST 2009

Michael Chajewski <chajewski <at> fordham.edu> writes:

> Dear All,
>
> Has anyone tried to use this plug-in? Since I am running R-2.9.1 it will not
even let me install it. Further,
> since I am running Windows I cannot use the R provided R-2.7.0 Linux
installation file from the archive
> (tried to install it through cygwin and it was a mess). Suggestions? Ideas?
Has anybody used this plug-in?

> Michael

Michael,

I can't say I've really used it, but I did install it out of interest to see
how it worked.  That was with SPSS v16 I think, which required R-2.5.0 or
thereabouts.  I remember thinking how short-sighted it was that SPSS hard-
coded their plugin for a particular version of R, thus ensuring that it will
always be out of date.  Anyway, as long as you install the version of R it is
wanting you shouldn't have too many problems.  Past versions of R for windows
(no need for cygwin) are available, but the links appear to be broken for some
CRAN mirrors (eg Australia).  Try a different mirror.  The Austrian mirror
works for R-2.7.0-win32.exe.  The links are: R Sources -> Windows -> base ->
Previous Releases.  The direct link is: http://cran.at.r-
project.org/bin/windows/base/old/

Michael Bibo
Queensland Health