[R] How to reduce memory demands in a function?

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:12:10 CEST 2009

If it is taking 10 hours to run, you might want to use Rprof on a
small subset to see where time is being spent.  Also can you use
matrices instead of dataframe because there is a cost in accessing
them if you are just using them in a matrix-like way.  Take a look at
the output from Rprof and that may help identify places to optimize
the code.  Also how large are the distance matrices that you are
creating?  Depending on you input, these can be large.

--
Jim Holtman
Cincinnati, OH