[R] Build a connectivity between .NET and R without using any interface

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Sep 10 14:49:12 CEST 2009

On 9/10/2009 8:40 AM, Amitava1 M wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I like to develop an application using .NET and R. The front end would be
> .NET and statistical analysis would be done in R in the back end. So I
> want to integrate .NET(VB) with R without using any interface (e.g., R
> (D)com) to control. Secondly, I like to use Rscript (by calling .R files)
> from VB .NET environment for the analysis. Finally, I want to display the
> R-outputs including graphs on .NET controls (UI).
>
> Please help me out. Thank you in advance.

Those seem to be mostly questions about .NET  -- you may be better off
asking Microsoft.  R's interface is described in the Writing R
Extensions manual, assuming that a front-end would be written in C or
some similar language.  If you want to avoid the DCOM interface, you're
going to have to work out how to make .NET act the way described in that
manual.

Duncan Murdoch