[R] Working with large matrix

A Ezhil ezhil02 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 23:05:04 CEST 2009

HI Steve,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I never used bigmemory and biglm before. Is there a way (using systems commands) to combine awk and R? I was thinking of calling a R program inside Awk, passing each row to R, do the lm, get back results and process it with awk. Will this make the calculation fast? If you have any experience with large matrices, could you please share it with me?

Thanks again,
Ezhil