[R] bar chart with means - using ggplot

Felipe Carrillo mazatlanmexico at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 23:32:52 CEST 2009

Like this?

# example using qplot
library(ggplot2)
meanprice <- tapply(diamonds$price, diamonds$cut, mean);meanprice
cut <- factor(levels(diamonds$cut), levels = levels(diamonds$cut))
qplot(cut, meanprice, geom="bar", stat="identity", fill = I("grey50"))
dev.new() # create a new graph to compare with qplot
 # Example using ggplot
ggdata <- data.frame(meanprice,cut);ggdata
ggplot(ggdata,aes(y=meanprice,x=cut)) + geom_bar(fill="grey50",stat='identity')

Felipe D. Carrillo
Supervisory Fishery Biologist
Department of the Interior
US Fish & Wildlife Service