[R] Brand new To R

cls59 chuck at sharpsteen.net
Sun Sep 13 20:53:38 CEST 2009

czarjosh wrote:

> I am trying to learn R right now.   I came from minitab and wanted to
> learn something a bit more robust.   I am trying to figure out some simple
> probability to measures but I do not know the commands.  I am using OSX.
> Are there resources for figuring out simple events?

As David mentioned, the "Introduction to R" is a great place to start if you
have never used the language before. With OS X, you can find it under the
Help -> R Help menu. Then click on the link for "An Introduction to R".

czarjosh wrote:

> If I have data distributed as Normal(5,4) and I wanted to know what the
> probability of P(<6) would be this, I cannot quite figute out how to work
> this out.

Functions for calculating probabilities and quantiles using distributions
are covered in Section 8 of the introduction document.

Hope this helps!

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen