[R] Reg: R-systems in java

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Tue Sep 15 15:44:43 CEST 2009

      RSiteSearch('java', 'fun') produced 144 matches for me just now.
The "sos" package can help organize study of those 144 matches:

library(sos)
j <- ???java # RSiteSearch('java', 'fun') -> a data.frame of class '
findFn'
summary(j) # 40 packages
installPackages(j) # install packages with the most matches
writeFindFn2xls(j)

      This last command created "j.xls" in the working directory,
getwd(), with sheets "PackageSum2", "findFn", and "call".

      For more, see vignette('sos').

      Others can tell you more about the relative virtues of the
different Java capabilities in R, but this provides a very quick overview.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer
Disclaimer:  I'm the lead author of the 'sos' package.