[R] Reading a data frame from R to excel

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Tue Sep 15 20:13:20 CEST 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 4:58 AM, filip rendel wrote:

> Hello! I've generated multiple data frames that I wish to export to
> excel using the function write.table. When I do so all the data is
> merged into a single column in excel. I Would like the columns of my
> data frame in separate columns in excel as well but it doesn't work.
> I tried to download the package WriteXLS and installed Perl on my
> computer just like it was recommended. I also tried downloading
> dataframes2xls but none of them work. Is there an easier way of
> solving this?
>
> Would be very thankful for a reply!

Filip,

With respect to WriteXLS, it would be helpful to know what operating
system you are on, what Perl distribution you installed, what code you
used and what warning or error messages you observed, rather than
simply stating that "none of them work".

Without more details, it is impossible to assist you in getting the
package, which does work on multiple platforms, to work for you.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz