[R] How to calculate min of a dataset that contains empty column

timholland timothyholland at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:50:24 CEST 2009

Presumably there is no reason to attempt plotting an empty column, so best
approach is probably to remove the columns that contain no values.

Try
> f.temp<-f[,-which(apply(f,2,function(x)all(is.na(x))))]

and then run your script for f.temp instead of the original f.

Also, you may find you have to use
> min(x, na.rm=T)
instead of just
> min(x)
for any other columns that contain NA values as well as real values.