[R] running many different regressions

Wensui Liu liuwensui at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 20:38:44 CEST 2009

I just quickly draft one with boston housing data. and it should be
close to what you need.

# REMOVE ALL OBJECTS
rm(list = ls());

# DATA PREPARATION
library(MASS);
data(Boston);

X<-I(as.matrix(Boston[-14]));
Y<-I(as.matrix(Boston[14]));

for(i in 1:13)
{

  X2 <- X[, i]
  data <- data.frame(Y, X2)
  lm<-glm(Y~X, data = data)

  name<-paste("glm", i, sep = "");

  assign(name, lm);
};

# LIST ALL OBJECTS WITH "glm" IN THE NAMES
ls(pat = "glm");

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Georg Ehret <georgehret at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear R community,
>   I have a dataframe with say 100 different variables. I wish to regress
> variable 1 separately on every other variable (2-100) in a linear regression
> using lm. There must be an easy way to do this without loops, but I have
> difficulties figuring this out... Can you please help?
> Thank you and best regards, Georg.

WenSui Liu
Blog   : statcompute.spaces.live.com
Tough Times Never Last. But Tough People Do.  - Robert Schuller