[R] correlation help

Adrian Johnson oriolebaltimore at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 23:00:45 CEST 2009

Dear group,

I have a matrix like the following:

Name     Sample1    sample2    sample3   sample4 ..... sample(n)
nm1        10.5          13.5          30             31
nm2         8              11            34             29
nm3         9              10.3          27.8         35
nm(j)

I want to be able to calculate correlation between  all pairs of names.
For example (nm1,nm2), (nm1,nm3), (nm1,nmj), (nm2,nm3), (nm2,nmj)....

Then I want to calculate the significance of correlation using t-score
or p-value.

I can calculate correlation coeffecient in excel but not significance
in both excel and R.

I want to be able to do it in R, I appreciate your help.
thank you.
Ad.